Thursday 29 April 2010

Jade Liu - 礼物

Currently im into this song
its from
*Down With Love soundtrack*

Jade Liu - 礼物 ( Li Wu ) ~ Gift


So basically the lyrics means:
Despite the unpleasant superstition,
he gave her a pair of shoes as a gift.
She wore the shoes,
walked with him for all these years.
Today, they finally call it an end.
It's like he knows they won't be together, hence, the gift.

*all credits to this gal HERE*
=)


终于可以在今天划上句点
Today, we finally call it an end.
一整夜翻阅过去画面
Spend the whole night flipping through the memories,
快想不起我们为何会诀别
I nearly forgot why we would want to end this,
只看到那双你送的鞋
until I saw the pair of shoes you gave.

走一步又一步
A step after another,
我才发现绕了个圈
I realised I've walked back
走了好几年又回到原点
to the starting point after all these years

*你送的礼物会不会太特别
Isn't your gift a little too special?
毫不避讳那不安的传言
Not afraid of the uncomforting superstition,
但渐行渐远习惯到没感觉
we got used to it gradually.
难道你早想要我走远
Or is it that you really wanted me to leave?

你送的礼物在此刻好体贴
At this moment, your gift thoughtfully

陪我回忆把过往走一遍
accompany me through the past memories.
穿了这些年难免会有污点
Through all these years, faults are certainly unavoidable
就像每段爱总会有终点
just like all relationships will eventually come to an end.

世上最残酷的恐怕是时间
Perhaps what's most cruel is time,
困住人一切却还向前
trapping people yet moving forward itself.
干涸的眼再挤不出一点咸
Crying till no more tears could be squeezed out,

爱到如此可悲的境界
love have reached such depressing state.

走一步又一步
A step after another,
却跟不上你的脚步
yet I couldn't catch up with you.
你满意了为什么我却只想要哭
You are finally happy, but why do I only feel like crying?


repeat *

你说做自己吧我们都做回自己哦~
You said 'let's be ourselves.' Let's us be ourselves,
不要再为爱受委屈
and not be aggrieved by love

你送的礼物原来是一场劫
The gift you gave was like a divine prediction,
终于分别宿命一样准确
accurately distinguished our fate.
可笑到想要你赔给我时间
Foolishly, I seek for time compensation because
爱情有时廉价得可怜
sometimes, love could be that pathetically cheap.



光著脚我一路奔跑鲜血
Running with my bare feet, I bled
泪水一路狂飙
and shed tears along the way.
收起我的骄傲
Keeping my pride,
承认曾经备受煎熬
I admit having gone through the struggles.
鞋上那记号只有你能明了

You know it, those markings on the shoes.
过了这一夜我就全忘掉
I shall forget about them tonight.


No comments: